Roundtable discussion: Are we solving the right problem?
Product improvement opportunities — how do you find them? And how do you decide which is the most important one? It is trendy to be ”human-centric” in product development nowadays, but are product decisions still being made by people with little customer understanding? Let’s chat about how to map and advocate for problems to solve; the best approaches to negotiate with leadership, clients, and teams; and how to win trust to gain freedom and responsibility to find and prioritise the most meaningful product improvements.
How do roundtable discussions work?
- Every roundtable discussion includes 5 active participants and a moderator to run the discussion.
- Each participant will prepare a question about the chosen topic to discuss. Please come prepared with a question and be prepared to discuss the questions other participants ask.
- The roundtable discussion lasts a total of 40 minutes, including:
- 5 MINUTES: A quick introduction from each participant about who you are and what you do.
- 35 MINUTES: Interactive discussions about each question (7 minutes per question).
- Other conference attendees are welcome to quietly watch the roundtable discussion. There will always be 30 chairs set up for an audience.
Don’t worry if you run out of time! Feel free to continue talking with other participants after the official roundtable discussion ends.
About your presenter:
Product Manager @Showmax
Ondřej has a background in behavioural sciences and is a product manager who puts emphasis on customer understanding. Prior to product management, he spent several years as a UX researcher in Denmark’s start-ups and scale-ups, driving research activities from initiation to design implementation. Currently, as South Africa’s Showmax product manager, he combines both the product and research perspectives when building new features or product vision.