May 31, 2024 9:30 am
30 seats left
MSD, Riverview Building
This workshop includes snacks all day and hot lunch.
Well-executed animation and interaction can really elevate a website, whether it’s just adding a bit of personality or providing visual hints and lessening cognitive load for users.
In this workshop, we will dive into GSAP, covering foundational aspects, crafting micro-interactions and UI transitions, and providing insights into writing efficient and scalable animation code. All concepts will be approached with a keen focus on accessibility, intent and user experience.
What will attendees learn?
- GSAP groundwork – tweens and timelines.
- Crafting the right “feeling” with ease.
- Animating with accessibility in mind.
- Creating seamless transitions between UI states with FLIP.
- Guiding user attention and reducing cognitive load.
- Performance optimisation.
- Tips and tricks for writing effective animation code.
Who is the workshop for?
What are the attendee requirements?
Meet your presenter
Connect with Cassie
Cassie is a core GSAP team member and freelance creative developer with a passion for making the web more fun! She has a background in graphic design and motion design, which she uses to help her create walkthroughs and video tutorials for GSAP. Cassie also regularly shares her expertise writing articles for CSS-Tricks, Codrops and Smashing Magazine.