May 31, 2024 9:30 am
22 seats left
MSD, FIVE Office Building
This workshop includes snacks all day and hot lunch.
How do we manage complex challenges of complex, corporate, enterprise, B2B UX in healthcare, financial systems, monitoring systems, public services, and education? How do we deal with hundreds of nested filters, customizable dashboards, multi-step forms, and sophisticated data grids — and perhaps even make it all work on mobile?
Get ready to dive deep into the world of complex UIs — the world where data density is critical, whitespace is slightly overrated, and experts need a reliable interface to get their daily work done.
In this workshop with Vitaly Friedman, a UX consultant of the European Parliament and Smashing Magazine’s creative lead, you’ll explore pragmatic and practical tactics and strategies to tackle design challenges of corporate environments — with hundreds of real-life examples and the process of how to tackle any challenge that might come your way.
What will attendees learn?
- Design a better filtering experience
- Boost and refine sorting UX
- Manage common autocomplete and search UX issues
- Organise and design multi-step forms
- Design for third-party integration
- Inclusive design for people with disabilities, including colorblindness, ADHD, and more
- Design dashboards and data visualisation
- Design with legacy systems and how to approach redesigns
- Wade through layers of internal politics
- Manage expectations and avoid late changes
- Make an impact in legacy-ridden environments
- Boost UX in a company with low UX maturity
Who is the workshop for?
For designers with any level of experience/expertise.
What are the attendee requirements?
Be ready to tackle complex challenges! 🙂
Meet your presenter
Creative Lead & Co-founder
Connect with Vitaly
Vitaly was born in Minsk, Belarus and studied computer science and mathematics in Germany. While writing algebra proofs and preparing for software engineering at nights in the kitchen, he discovered passion for typography, interface design and writing. After working as a freelance designer and developer for six years, he co-founded Smashing Magazine back in 2006—a leading online magazine for designers and developers. Vitaly currently serves as the creative lead at Smashing Magazine and also works as a front-end/UX consultant in Europe and abroad, helping clients that include the European Parliament, Haufe-Lexware, and Axel-Springer.